ReiserFS

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 04:32:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Michael <mmorse757 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not Kubuntu specific but interesting just the same. I don't think that
>  K/Ubuntu ever used this file system, did they?

Not by default, I don't think, but its not hard to format the
partition before installation.

>  http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Apr28/0,4670,MissingMother,00.html
>
>  *OAKLAND, Calif. — A jury has found an Oakland software programmer
>  guilty in the death of his estranged wife.*
>
>  Hans Reiser was convicted Monday of first degree murder in the death of
>  Nina Reiser.
>
>  Nina Reiser disappeared more than a year ago after dropping the couple's
>  children off at Hans Reiser's home. Her body has never been found.
>
>  Prosecutors said during the trial that small amounts of her blood were
>  found in Reiser's home and car.
>
>  The defense argued there was no proof Nina Reiser was dead and suggested
>  she may be living in her native Russia. They said there was no direct
>  evidence linking Hans Reiser to her disappearance.
>
>  /Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
>  may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed./

Very sad; if only he had engineered his family life the way he had
engineered his software he may not have ended up in this situation (of
course there are times when bad situations arise no matter how much
you try to engineer them away).

Andrew

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2