Problem with linux kernel after upgrade to 8.04

Valter Mura valtermura at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:25:17 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I  have successfully updated from 7.10 to 8.04 from the Internet and I have
obviously rebooted.

I tried to boot with the new updated kernel but my system continues to freeze
after the fsck. Only my old kernel (still inside!) 2.6.20 luckily works and I
can normally access to my system...

This is a big problem for me... I'm sure I cannot exploit all functions of the
new system without the last kernel.

Has anybody the same problem? Any suggestion?

My system:

Kubuntu 8.04
KDE 3.5.9
Intel P IV 2.8 Ghz / RAM 768 Mhz
Video card: ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB
One disk fully linux-dedicated (the other for Windows)
Grub on start up

Regards,
--
Valter
Gnupgp ID: 0xD7274715 in hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com