Video settings

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Mon Apr 28 14:12:12 UTC 2008

Jonas Norlander wrote:
> 2008/4/28 Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net>:
>
>>   From the rate of flicker I'm pretty sure the vertical refresh rate is
>>  about 60 hz. If I could figure out how/where I would just plug in the
>>  correct figure. O read that bit in x.org but still don't have a clue.
>>

> Did you try xvidtune? It's great if you want to see what settings your monitor
> is running at or if you want to tweak the settings and add a modeline to your
> xorg.conf.
> Run it and you don't have to to be "pretty sure" what your Vertical or
> Horizontal
> Sync is, you will have it for a fact.
>
> / Jonas

What a neat little toy.

Well,......................I guess I'm sort of like an old hound dog
with a bad nose. Barking up the wrong tree. Sorry to have caused so much
commotion.

With all the thrashing and trashing I totally trashed the install. No
big deal at this point cause it was fresh and nothing of any importance
loaded into it yet.

Re-installed and ran xvidtune. It looks like everything is in spec.

Now I don't know what to do to fix the flickering screen.