Domain name

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Apr 28 13:22:05 UTC 2008

Michael Leone wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Paul Lemmons <paul at lemmons.name> wrote:

Generally you don't want to touch resolv.conf (in fact, it usually says
so...).  You set your domain name in dhclient.conf (I've said this so many
times, I leave it as an exercise to the reader to find it and set it).

Also, note that normally adding "domain mydomain.com" to the end of
resolv.conf would not do what you want.  You can only have one "domain"
setting, and resolv.conf should already have one.  If it's going to search
multiple domains, you use "search" rather than "domain".
--
derek