Ever done this...

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 09:14:36 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 3:10 PM, David McGlone <d.mcglone at att.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 26 April 2008 9:35:06 pm Michael Leone wrote:
>  > Richard S. Crawford wrote:
>  > > I just spent six hours Googling, searching forums, scanning email
>  > > archives, and messing around with my video drivers trying to figure out
>  > > why my video playback, no matter what player and engine I used, was so
>  > > jumpy.
>  > >
>  > > The problem?  Turns out the video I was using as my test playback video
>  > > was garbled.  Every other video on my system was fine.
>  > >
>  > > *facepalm*
>  > >
>  > > Ever had a day like that?
>  >
>  > The better question .. ever had a day *not* like that? <G>
>
>  LOL that is a low blow.

Just yesterday I got and a very upset SMS from my wife that all the
baby videos on the computer where destroyed and had nothing but
colored lines left on them. I wrote back, no problem.

Thing is that if I use Blender 3d then all the video player stop
working. I have no idea why.  A restart of the KDE fixes the problem.
If anyone knows why this bug is happening and how to fix it, I would
love to know. K 7:10, 64 bit, nvidia driver.
--
Douglas E Knapp