64 bit: these are my apps

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 05:23:54 BST 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>  * VirtualBox non-free. I use the non-free as I need USB support

I believe I was using the non-free on my 64-bit system at one time.

>  * Thunderbird (if Firefox is problematic, than thunderbird might be too)

I'm sure it is not a problem.

>  * Wine (only for winplot32)

There is a little special setup I think, but nothing too difficult.
I'm not sure if you actually have to follow these instructions, but I
think I did (for some reason).
I have never used winplot32 through, though.  Try checking the Wine
App Database.

>  * GoogleEarth

No idea.

>  * Sun Java (need it for studies)

I need it for my studies too and I had it working on my 64-bit box.  I
believe the necessary package is called sun-java6-jdk (this is the
development kit which I assume you need - the package for just the
runtime environment is called sun-java6-jre).  If you need more, then
you can try:
apt-cache search sun java
at the command-line.

45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2