xorg.conf with a live-cd

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Mon Apr 28 05:32:03 UTC 2008

Andrew Jarrett wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Michael <mmorse757 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  where is the
>>  xorg.conf file located while the Live CD is running?
>
> The xorg.conf file should be located at: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf".  Try
> typing in Dolphin's (or Konqueror's) location bar "/etc/X11" and you
> should see it in that directory.
>
>>  I am thinking if I
>>  can email myself the Live CD xorg.con file, I can the exchange it for
>>  the one that doesn't seem to work properly.  Make sense?
>
> It sure does; it's an often used tactic around this list.  If you have
> a thumbdrive it might be a little easier, but it's just the same.

I am having trouble with 8.04 live CD and a dell inspiron 1100, and
looking at the xorg.conf for 8.04 shows that it is a pale shadow of
its previous self.....

A later version of xorg is being used which is apparently better at
auto configuring. However, it looks to me that less happens in
xorg.conf itself (?)

Unfortunately I do not know enough to trouble shoot the new system
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391