Compiz - Drop Shadows Missing

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at
Mon Apr 28 01:48:01 BST 2008

I've been through all the settings I can think of in Compiz-fusion, but my
drop shadows seem to have vanished. Every other plugin is working fine, and
I'm using the Emerald theme manager. I have the shadow radius set to 10 in
both the Compiz Settings Manager and in the Emerald Theme editor. I've also
tried disabling every plugin in Compiz and re-enabling them one by one. I've
also tried disabling "Desktop Effects" entirely, then re-enabling it.  It's
currently set on "Custom" so that I can use the Compiz Settings Manager.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Richard S. Crawford
Editor-in-chief, Daikaijuzine (
Personal website: