Graphical Display Managers

Constantinos Maltezos pandarsson at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 22:44:09 UTC 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 12:31:40 Michael Leone wrote:
> Assign root a password, and then you should be able to log in as root.
> It's your machine - if you want to run it that way, do so. Just because
> Kubuntu doesn't provide one by default, doesn't mean you can't (or
> shouldn't) do what works best for your own situation.

Right... didn't mean to imply that you couldn't.  I just don't normally think
about it because a) the way they're doing it is a damn good idea and b) I'd
be too lazy to worry about it even if I didn't.  Although I was going to when
it first installed, but decided to give it a whirl without.

> I always provide a root password, as the first thing I do on an Ubuntu
> install, as I prefer to be able to login as root, or su to root, as I
> feel I need to, to manage my machine as I see best. My choice, of course.

I dig that.  But I don't mind the way it installed ever since I discovered the
combination of "sudo su".