Adding icons to the desktop

Jesus Arocho jesus_arocho at comcast.net
Sun Apr 27 16:50:21 UTC 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 10:48:06 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi Jesus,
>
> On 27/04/2008, Jesus Arocho <jesus_arocho at comcast.net> wrote:
> > In kde3 a right click brings up a menu with the option of adding an icon
> > to the desktop, not so in kde4.  Other than adding an icon from the menu
> > and renaming, how are icons added to the desktop?
>
> Add the "Icon" widget, then right click on the icon and edit icon settings

Thanks for the response.  I tried your suggestion.  The icon added would only
allow edits for a file.  It was not a command type icon.  Also, just by
serendipity I tried again and while in the add widget menu I clicked on the
icon to right of the yellow star icon and then all of the icons on my desktop
disappeared!!