hardy: knetworkmanager, wpa stopped working after upgrade

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 14:38:51 UTC 2008

Hello list,

I've upgraded from gutsy to hardy last friday and after that,
knetworkmanager won't connect to my linksys router using any form of
encryption (wep, wpa, wpa2)

If I remove the encryption everything is ok.

I've tried ubuntu-desktop on the same machine and it works.

I moved .kde to kde-backup and knetworkmanager works. So the problem
seems to be some stale file in .kde. I've removed everything
knetworkmanager and kwallet related from the original .kde, but it
still doesn't work.

I wouldn't like to use ubuntu-desktop just because of this wifi issue
(I could run wpa_supplicant from konsole but...) so does anyone have a
suggestion?

Many thanks in advance,
Norberto