Video settings

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun Apr 27 02:31:23 UTC 2008

Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Saturday 26 April 2008, Billie Walsh wrote:
>
>> I replaced my SuSE install [ it was trashed anyway ] with Kubuntu 8.04
>> on my secondary computer to play with. I share the monitor with a KVM
>> switch between the two computers. In 8.04 the monitor flickers. I need
>> to change the refresh settings. In System Settings I'm not given the
>> option to do so. The Monitor is an IC Power 900G. A search for IC Power
>> and 900G fails to bring up anything useful.
>>
>> Is there some way to reset this outside System Settings?
>>
>> --
>> Life is what happens while your busy making other plans.
>>

> I would think "monitor & Display" would do it.
>
> No mention of what video card you are using.

The video card is an Intel 845 and uses the i810 driver.

The monitor is configured correctly in 7.10 with the proper refresh
rates as "Plug and Play" monitor. In 8.04 it set the refresh rate to low
and there is no option to set it correctly so I get flicker. Very
annoying and hard on the eyes.

I've used the same monitor with Kubuntu 7.0*, 7.10, OpenSuSE 10.3, and
Windows XP without any problem. I'm thinking somewhere there is a config
file that I can edit to set things right but I don't know what it would
be. Something with "x" I would think.