How to copy ~/.kde from old system to new?

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Sat Apr 26 16:23:41 UTC 2008

On Saturday 26 April 2008 03:34, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I have installed Kubuntu 8.04 on the same computer that had 7.04 . I
> need to copy 7.04's ~/.kde and ~/.qt folders over to the 8.04 user's
> home directory,
(snip)
Hi,
Please excuse my ignorance but I wonder why you need to copy those folders and
if that is good practice. I would fear that by trying only to restore some
custom settings you had on 7.04 you could overwrite 8.04 files with
incompatible older files.
Could someone elaborate on this?

Just out of curiosity, but thanks anyway		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #138: BNC (brain not connected)