Security-related questions

Larry Hartman larryhartman50 at vzavenue.net
Sat Apr 26 14:53:59 UTC 2008

On Saturday 26 April 2008 05:49:02 am Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> For all these people compalining about border guards and TSA agents and
> everything searching a computer's hard drive, how often are you actually
> traveling?  I am through an airport every other week and sometimes 3 or 4
> times through an airport in one week and yet have had a security guard open
> up my laptop let alone force me to login etc.... Just trying to put that
> into perspective with what you hear.  I am routinely "randomly selected"
> for more intensive screening as well, but still no one has stolen my
> laptop, turned it or forced me to login.
> Keep the paranoia down slightly (unless you have something to hide)
>
> Jonathan

I am not complaining, nor have I been victimized, for the moment I believe
that this occassion would be quite rare, I am just trying to understand this
aspect of data security from a technical perspective.  I have nothing to
hide, and I will et the lawyers sort out the legal issues.  My questions are
of the curious nature, i.e. "can it be done?"

Larry