spalah flash

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sat Apr 26 13:02:47 UTC 2008

On Saturday 26 April 2008, Constantinos Maltezos wrote:

> spa-canvas-view-item.c:323: error: label at end of compound statement

> Now, the error still seems to have something to do with that "canvas"
> thing, but at this point, I'm not sure what's missing.  Any ideas?

That's the critical error causing the failure.  That along with the string of
other stuff makes me think this thing you're trying to build is either very
new or very old and obsolete.

If it's new, it might be something that happens to build in its developer's
home environment, but not elsewhere.  If it's old, it might be something that
no longer builds unmodified with modern compilers.

OK, I had a look.  No developer activity in the past 12 months, no release
since 2004.  No bug reports since 2005, and the last one was a build problem.

Unless you want to fix it yourself and take over development, I'd say you have
absolutely no chance of getting anywhere with this.  It looks like a pretty
good example of why if something isn't in your distro yet, it probably isn't
worth the bother.
--
D. Michael McIntyre