question on mounting of external drives

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 12:51:24 UTC 2008

Good morning,

I have 500 gig usb drive formated in ext3 that I have been unable to mount
in Kubuntu 8.04 KDE4 for about a week.  I have tried this drive on three
machines all with the same problems.  Before I was getting the bug where the
drive mapping wasn't being rememboered correctly and getting things like
/media/disk, /media/disk-1, /media/disk-2, etc... and now nothing.
The device notifier doesn't even notify me a new drive has been attached.
Any one else having the same problem or anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thnak,

Jonathan