Cannot log out?

TeraDyne Ezeri dualteradyne at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 03:49:17 UTC 2008

On Friday 25 April 2008 22:24:48 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> In a new Kubuntu 8.04 install, I cannot log out of the user. When I
> select Log Out from the shutdown menu, the screen blanks and does not
> return to the KDM screen. I have let it sit for one hour on one
> attempt. How can I begin to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in
> advance.

I'm also having this problem. I didn't see anything in the xorg logs that
would even give a hint as to what's causing it. Don't ask me why, but I think
it might be a KDM issue.

I'm considering going back to Gutsy, but I want to see if this is fixable
first.

--
 -Shawn "TeraDyne" Stilwell
 http://bonesolteradyne.livejournal.com/