How to copy ~/.kde from old system to new?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 01:34:21 UTC 2008

I have installed Kubuntu 8.04 on the same computer that had 7.04 . I
need to copy 7.04's ~/.kde and ~/.qt folders over to the 8.04 user's
home directory, however, because KDE is running I am getting errors
rewriting files. I tried deleting 8.04's ~/.kde folder and the just
coping, however the system recreates the folder as soon as I erase it.
I no longer have the LiveCD as I passed it on to my neighbor who is
probably installing this very moment. How can I work directly with the
~/.kde folder while KDE is running? Thanks in advance.

Note: 7.04 system was KDE 3.5.8, 8.04 system is KDE 3.5.9.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.