Domain name

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Fri Apr 25 20:22:21 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re:Domain name
From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <tony.caudel at sbcglobal.net>
To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Date: 04/25/2008 12:26 PM
> Paul Lemmons wrote:

DHCP and NetworkManager work together.

I have a similar setup at home. I set my router to always assign the
same address to each machine, based on MAC address. I then add each of
my machines to /etc/hosts. I can then refer to any of my machines by an
unqualified name.

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.