Domain name

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Fri Apr 25 18:34:39 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re:Domain name
From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <tony.caudel at sbcglobal.net>
To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Date: 04/25/2008 11:09 AM
> Paul Lemmons wrote:

If you are using DHCP then the DHCP server is likely resetting the
resolv.conf file each time you reboot. DHCP wants to setup your name
servers and default domain. If the DHCP server does not establish a
default domain then you won't have one.

This begs another question. What are you trying to accomplish? What
would work differently than it does now, if you had it working? Maybe
there are other solutions.

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.