Security-related questions

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 15:45:27 UTC 2008

> > I read something the
> > other day, that a laptop hard disk was cloned at border control. You
> > can't really hide an account because the user name has to be listed
> > in /etc/passwd. Maybe you want to read a bit about truecrypt at
> > <http://www.truecrypt.org>, but I can't tell you how safe that would be
> > at border control.
>
> Failing to deliver the decryption key could be a violation of the PATRIOT
> act.

i dont live in the US, so dont exactly know the PATRIOT act, but what are
you saying? if the border control were unable to see my data due to a
certain security measure i've taken, say encryption, i have to help them get
the info? what about the user or root password? are people forced to give
that too?