nvidia TwinView broken

Ritesh Raj Sarraf rrs at researchut.com
Thu Apr 24 22:12:40 BST 2008

I know that non-free drivers (restricted drivers) are not supported.
But does anyone using nvidia, has seen problems recently with TwinView
configurations?

The TwinView configuration worked for me for quite a time. It just recently
broke for me. I think maybe in the last to last driver update from nvidia.

Since now Hardy is released which contains the new 169.12 version of the
nvidia driver, can somebody please confirm if TwinView works for him/her?

Here's what my card is:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G72M [GeForce Go 7400]
(rev a1)

Interesting thing that I've noticed on my machine is that the X logs say
that the secondary monitor is detected and is active. But the monitor
remains blank. Nothing is displayed on it. But yes, the desktop is extended
to the combined resolution of both the monitors.

Ritesh
--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.