Ubuntu with KDE vs Kubuntu

Francisco Borges francisco.borges at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 23:06:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> install the Gnome app.  The mere fact that I have chosen to install an app
> should logically mean I want that to be the default application for the
> job.  I'd be just as annoyed if I had to manually make every non-KDE
> application I have the default.

Or I could be just trying the application, or I could have a multi
user set up, and be installing that for just one user.

So I disagree that merely installing an application "logically"
implies I want it to become a default.

>  I _do_ wish I could automatically clean Gnome apps out of KDE - I installed
>  ubuntu-desktop a while back, just to see if gnome was getting any better,
>  and now getting rid of everything is tedious.

If you were using aptitute it should handle that for you (unless the
packages were installed as recommened...)

But removing gnome-core should also do it.

Cheers,
--
Francisco