compiz - why?

Martin Laberge mlsoft at videotron.ca
Thu Apr 24 19:44:17 UTC 2008

On Thursday 24 April 2008 10:45:15 Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Jan Torben Heuer wrote:
> > Nigel Ridley wrote:
> >
> >> Is it just me? I don't mean to discredit the devs - it's great to impress
> >> Windows users - but what else is it good for?
> >
> > Haven't we already discussed this issue when (color monitors | X | KDE )
> > came up?
> >
> > Jan
> >

> Perhaps if folks were to use proper threading, then relative info would be easier to
> find......
>
> So what were the conclusions? I deleted the 'color monitors | X | KDE' thread as it wasn't
> of interest to me -- except now apparently it was.
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel
>
> --
> OliveRoot Ministries
> http://www.oliveroot.net/
>
> PrayingForIsrael.net
> http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

Sorry!  Sometimes I just could not resist to add my 2 cents.

Meaning in technical terms:

The reason of existence of cool things is to attract poeple
to things that are useful but have an initial bad taste...

This helps to attract the mass, while being fun and optionnal
for the REAL SERIOUS user.

I am a real serious user (Hum?) and I do not use these things now.

But the mass may drain me to use it later...

Maybe one day I will not work WithOut them...

PS: the nose is only long as you can see...

--
Martin Laberge
mlsoft at videotron.ca
Tel:(418)521-6823