8.04, ktorrent, and nvidia

chuck adams k7qo at commspeed.net
Thu Apr 24 15:33:38 UTC 2008

If you start up ktorrent and it shows "stalled", don't give
up hope.  Just leave it for a while and come back and see
how it is doing.  It does take some time to get started, especially
now that so many people world-wide are downloading 8.04.

I fought this problem with a graphics system from nvidia
and amd64 distro.  The motherboard is a ECS Elitegroup
GeForce 7050M-M with amd64 athlon x 2  and Nvidia
GeF7050 graphics chip set.  I was downloading the
daily-live build every day for a month.  For two days
the system would install, detect the graphics card,
and install nvidia-glx-new and on reboot would work
just fine.  Then for two days the build would have a
bug in it and the reboot would not bring up the
X11 system.

Well, wouldn't you know it.  The 8.04 release has the
bug in it.  Don't know if this can be fixed easily.

FYI