Klaptopdaemon / Battery Monitor

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Tue Apr 22 21:52:53 BST 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Rick Knight wrote:
>

>> Here's the actual content of the files in /proc/acpi/battery...
>>
>> root at rick-laptop:~# grep -r "" /proc/acpi/battery/*
>> /proc/acpi/battery/C170/alarm:present:                 no
>> /proc/acpi/battery/C170/state:present:                 no
>> /proc/acpi/battery/C170/info:present:                 no
>> /proc/acpi/battery/C171/alarm:alarm:                   unsupported
>>

> Ah-hah!  How many batteries do you actually have?  This claims there are
> two, but one's missing.
>
>> It looks like the battery has been detected.
>>

> "The battery" - your battery is C171 but this odd notification of C170 seems
> to be causing problems.  I know I've seen something about this...

Derek,

Did you get your notebook fixed?

I did some research and found out about C170. C170 is for an external
battery that clips onto the bottom of this notebook PC. See this
http://avkrok.net/nw8240/, about 3/4 of the way down the page it talks
about batteries. I don't have that accessory, but I remember in Feisty,
I had battery indication for 2 batteries and one of them was always not
present.

How do I get acpid or guidance-power-manage (or
kde-guidance-powermanager) to show stats for the correct battery?

Thanks again,
Rick