Klaptopdaemon / Battery Monitor

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Wed Apr 23 16:38:08 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Rick Knight wrote:
>

>> Derek Broughton wrote:

>>> Ah-hah!  How many batteries do you actually have?  This claims there are
>>> two, but one's missing.

>>> "The battery" - your battery is C171 but this odd notification of C170
>>> seems
>>> to be causing problems.  I know I've seen something about this...
>>>

>> I have just the one battery and there is NO second slot for an
>> additional battery. Could C170 be the bios battery?
>>

> No, ACPI doesn't know about that.  It's definitely an ACPI error (actually
> probably in the DSDT - and don't ask me what that stands for, I've long
> since forgotten - in the BIOS.  A newer BIOS _could_ help.

Derek,

I've found a very crude way to get Power Manager applet to show my
battery status. If I restart hal and then kill and then run
/usr/share/python-support/kde-guidance-powermanager/guidance-power-manager.py
Power Manager works. It even reports an absent second battery. This
sounds like a hal issue to me. What do you think?

Thanks,
Rick