how to force FF to use realplayer?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 14:23:56 UTC 2008

\

>> It's really weird that FF seems to completely ignore the fact that
>> x/pn-realaudio is supposed to be started with rp instead of mplayer.
>>

> In Firefox, take a look at Preferences > Content > File Types > Manage

So how do I add a file type to that list? The downloaded file has the
extension ".ram" and MIME type audio/x-pn-realaudio. That type is not
mentioned in the current list of preferences (so I don't know why FF is
deciding to use the mplayer plug-in to play it -- you'd think that it would
interrogate the OS as to the right right application, but it clearly doesn't).

  Doc