Klaptopdaemon / Battery Monitor

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Tue Apr 22 03:08:19 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Rick Knight wrote:

>>> I think guidance-power-manager is the gnome applet.  What you want to run
>>> is definitely kde-guidance-powermanager.
>>>

>> It seems guidance-power-manager is the backend for kde-guidance and
>> gnome-powermanage. I have kde-guidance running now and showing the icon
>> in the task bar, but I still have no battery stats. I can see my cpu
>> frequency and I can see that Power Manager is managing the cpu speed,
>> but still no battery.
>>

> No, really.  What you want is kde-guidance-powermanager.  I'm sure
> kde-guidance is related but the package and the program you run is
> kde-guidance-powermanager.
>
> Now, once you run that, it's still possible that the battery might not show
> up - it might need a dbus restart (sudo /etc/init.d/dbus restart). I know
> I've had occasions when I have been fiddling with the battery when I've
> lost the status.

Thanks Derek,

I am running kde-guidance and kde-guidance-powermanager.
Guidance-power-manager is the backend for those. It's also, I believe,
the command line tool for kde-guidance.

Anyway, I am running kde-guidance, but I don't get any battery status,
just the cpu frequency. I have noticed that powersaved and acpid don't
start properly. I have to manually start powersaved first and then start
acpid before I can get kde-guidance to show the cpu frequency, but still
no battery status.

Thanks, again,
Rick