KDE4 or stay with KDE3

Michael Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Tue Apr 22 00:35:57 UTC 2008

Cary Bielenberg wrote:
> I have elected to test KDE4 & submit bugs, but it is possible to run
> KDE4 as long as you have the KDE3 tools installed as well. A good
> example is Konqueror 3 is a must as connecting to SMB shares or using
> ark are useless in KDE4 at present & Dolphin is a total waste of space.

See, this is what I don't get. KDE4 is at 4.0.3 or something now, right?
How can one of the main connectivity components (connection to SMB
shares) be still so "useless"? I would expect perhaps reduced
functionality, maybe some bugs, but not "useless".

Me, I'm holding off 8.04 until it steadies down. Same as I would for any
distro or OS, but that's just me.

--
Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon at mike-leone.com>