KDE4 or stay with KDE3

p.daniels teeahr1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 00:27:19 UTC 2008

On Monday 21 April 2008 19:03:37 D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> Myself, I'm probably sticking with KDE3 until they finish the panel in
> KDE4, and add more available widgets.  KDE4 with KDE3's kicker works
> nicely, but sort of defeats the whole purpose of trying to get along with
> KDE4 in the first place.

Expect a fully functional and configurable panel by July with the release of
4.1, with incremental 4.0.x releases building toward it. Also, just because I
like to plug the project, the performance improvements in Plasma over the
last month have really been amazing. It doesn't run as fast on my machine as
3.5 did/does, but it's gone from unbearably slow to "hey, this is no longer
horrible" in a short time, and I look forward to seeing that trend continue.
Konqueror still take _forever_ to load up, though.