Klaptopdaemon / Battery Monitor

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Mon Apr 21 23:34:11 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Rick Knight wrote:
>

>> Derek Broughton wrote:

>>> The default kicker applet is  kde-guidance-powermanager (from the package
>>> kde-guidance-powermanager).  That's not the battery applet that was
>>> default in feisty, iirc, but seems to do the job for me.
>>>

>> Derek,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. I found the guidance-power-manager.py applet. When
>> I try to start it I get errors.
>>
>> rick at rick-laptop:~$ guidance-power-manager
>> rick at rick-laptop:~$ No battery found.
>> No AC adapter found - assume that we are on batteries.
>> Warning: While setting SystemPowerManagement to  True :
>> org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.NotSupported: No
>> powersave method found
>> No AC adapter found - assume that we are on batteries.
>>
>> Running this does give me the battery icon in task bar, but that icon
>> only shows my cpu frequency. Something's broken or something is still
>> missing. Any suggestions?
>>

> I think guidance-power-manager is the gnome applet.  What you want to run is
> definitely kde-guidance-powermanager.

It seems guidance-power-manager is the backend for kde-guidance and
gnome-powermanage. I have kde-guidance running now and showing the icon
in the task bar, but I still have no battery stats. I can see my cpu
frequency and I can see that Power Manager is managing the cpu speed,
but still no battery.

Thanks again,
Rick