Text copy impossible in kpdf

Ignazio Palmisano ignazio_io at yahoo.it
Mon Apr 21 20:15:54 UTC 2008

2008/4/20, Donn <donn.ingle at gmail.com>:

> > > Is it a copy protected PDF? (silly question but worth a shot)
>
> > Not so silly: you are quite right. I was not aware of that possibility,
> > and that's just what happened to me. On ordinary files, kpdf works
> > perfectly.
>

> Isn't that a *tiny* bit DRM(ish) ? Just wondering, not sure I savvy DRM
> really.

I guess it's fair in some cases, and it is not in other cases... I've
used it a couple of times in situations in which I didn't want someone
to easily copy and paste from my stuff to his stuff (and I don't mean
any someone, I had a specific target then ;) I was sure my work was
likely going to be reused without notice or credit, and I was also
forced to release it - that's what happens when you have a bad boss :D
ex boss, I'm happy to say). As said in the follow up to this thread,
it's not impossible to get the text out of the pdf, but it makes it a
little harder, which was exactly my intention when I did that.

I.

Also, perhaps you can try "pdftotext" on a konsole: