Directory traversing file converter script?

David Fletcher kubuntu-users at thefletchers.net
Sun Apr 20 20:58:48 BST 2008

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was thinking more along the lines of a script
that can take care of everything for itself.

Anyway, I've been working on my bash scripting over the last couple of days.
Can't say I'm actually good at it yet, but I've now got something that's a
bit rough but can convert a directory tree of png images into correctly sized
jpg images for my wife's digital photo frame.

Ultimately, I'm aiming for something that's a generalised converter that can
convert png files to jpg for the digital photo frame, or flac files into
either ogg files for my iriver, or mp3 files.

Dave

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763