Text copy impossible in kpdf

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Apr 21 15:42:27 UTC 2008

Robert B. Hawkins wrote:

> On Monday 21 April 2008 09:26:27 am Derek Broughton wrote:
>> The config option is "Obey DRM restrictions".  I
>> presume it's turned on by default to keep corporate types happy, but
>> being Linux, of course you can turn it off.

> Nice.  Didn't know that option existed.
> Thanks.

Neither did I until I purchased a DRM'd PDF, and the publisher didn't care
how many copies I made, and I could print all I wanted, but I couldn't cut
& paste - and the only things I would want to cut and paste were the code
examples the author made available on his website!  So it occurred to me
that being Linux, there was almost surely a way to override it, and I went
looking :-)
--
derek