Directory traversing file converter script?

David Fletcher kubuntu-users at thefletchers.net
Sun Apr 20 21:47:42 UTC 2008

On Sunday 20 Apr 2008, Jonas Norlander wrote:
> 2008/4/20 Jonas Norlander <jonorland at gmail.com>:
> >  Hi!
> >
> >  Have you tried Krename? You can set it up to run other commands for every
file
> >  renamed. Perhaps that can be used to do the converting of your files? You
can
> >  save profiles and load them at start see "krename --help-all". Worth a
> >  try i think.
> >
> >  / Jonas
> >

> Found this page. Looks great explaining what you could do with Krename.
> http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/linux/utilities/krename.htm

I'll take a look at this, but right now I'm busy rebuilding my wife's set of
pictures for her digital frame.

I notice that that one of the first applications for krename is to put the
taken date on a set of photo files. Well, I already wrote a script to do
that! It takes raw or jpg files as copied from the camera, uses the ls
command with some parameters to get the date and time the shutter release was
pressed, and renames the files with that information. Works like a charm!

Now, what I could probably use krename for, if I want to be pedantic, is to
rename one set of pictures I took when I forgot to alter the time on the
clock to BST.

Dave

PS I think you're selecting reply-to all instead of reply-to mailing list.
Just realised why I'm getting two copies :-)

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763