before next week ?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Apr 20 06:46:08 UTC 2008

Girard Henri wrote:
> when i updated to hardy or from a fresh install I can't come back to
> kdm when working on kde or kde4 i got a black greyish screen and the
> only way to start again is reboot... very annoying !

Probably a reboot is a bit overkill. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace should do the
trick as well - it will restart the X server. Can you tell us a bit more
about your machine? What graphics card does it use? And you could search
at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/> if your problem is a known issue.
Sometimes there are workarounds mentioned with the bug reports.

Nils