Flash For AMD64

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 13:07:10 BST 2008

2008/4/19 lanzen <lanzenesi at gmail.com>:
> On Saturday 19 April 2008 10:32:15 Jonas Norlander wrote:
>
>  > Just curious but did not my mail reach you? I wrote that there is no Flash
>  > for 64-bit OS as far as i know. I have tested 2 solution trying to solve
>  > it, Nspluginwrapper and Firefox 32-bit.
>
>  Am I missing something here? What Kubuntu are you on?
>
>  How about just opening konsole and writing:
>
>  sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
>
>  Works in Hardy and Gutsy.
>

>  --
>  lanzen

Hi

I'm running Kubunt 7.10 AMD64 and i guess thats what Graham Todd is
running to as the topic is "Flash for AMD64".
I am not in Kubuntu now so i can't check but flashplugin-nonfree is that
the Adobe Flash player including plugins for browser?
In that case they have only 32-bit versions and that dont work
with 64-bit firefox (who is the default when installing firefox from
repro in Gutsy AMD64).
Not even in Windows Vista/XP x64 flash is supported, you have to run
32-bit IExplorer
in Vista to be able to view sites with flash.

/ Jonas