VENT - Ticked with Kubuntu

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 18 20:49:09 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:10:46 -0600
Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net> wrote:

> OH YEAH! I forgot to mention that for mom's computer it HAS to be
> rock solid like mine. She is completely, totally, computer ignorant.
> All she knows is to push what I tell her to to go where she wants to
> go and do what she wants.
[snipped]

I understand that, but a Windows computer cannot be considered "rock
solid", more that it is ubiquitous.  If you were willing to try a
distribution of Linux for your mother, why not try her with a different
distribution?

All operating systems have their strong and weak points, but my
experience of using Linux over a number of years, is that Linux in
general but Kubuntu in particular has more strong points than weak
points.

If you were to try BSD, it would be very strong, but be a pig to
use....unless that is, of course, you would go the route of trying Mac
OSX (which is based upon BSD).

So go to http://www.distrowatch.com and look for a distribution you
like, download it and burn it, then try a live distribution even though
at the same time as Windows, then you can choose having made the choice.

Go on...try it!

--
Graham Todd