VENT - Ticked with Kubuntu

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Fri Apr 18 16:22:56 UTC 2008

On Friday 18 April 2008, Michael Leone wrote:
> I remember changing the clock crystals, so that it would run at
> 10-12MHz. Unheard of!

Yup.  :)

> And the first network file server I used (NetWare 2.11) has 72M
> drives. That was HUGE! In fact, I named the system "Hugo", because the
> drives were so unbelievably huge ...

Now that's an attachment in some email from Aunt Tilly, and you barely notice
the time spent downloading it.  It really is amazing how things have changed.

I don't see them changing that much in the future though, or not as rapidly
anyway.  For instance, I've had a vastly better computer sitting in the
closet since Mom died.  This one is working fine, and it doesn't feel slow at
all.  Neither does the one this one replaced, for that matter.  It's gotten
to the point where upgrading is just silly unless you're playing 3D action
games at 1600x1200 or something, which Linux is useless for anyway.
--
D. Michael McIntyre