Flash For AMD64

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 08:32:15 UTC 2008

2008/4/19 Graham <grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com>:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:16:52 -0500
>  dwain <dwain.alford at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > have you googled:  flash amd64?
>  > dwain
>
>  This was posted 9 hours ago (while I was asleep!):
>

>  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=476924
>
>  that seems to be a hack to overcome the lack of a native 64-bit flash
>  player.

Hi

Yes it's a kind of hack and it didn't work for me.

Just curious but did not my mail reach you? I wrote that there is no Flash
for 64-bit OS as far as i know. I have tested 2 solution trying to solve it,
Nspluginwrapper and Firefox 32-bit.

Nspluginwrapper:
http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/projects/nspluginwrapper/
Firefox 32-bit:

nspluginwrapper was very buggy and did not work good for me.
Installing a Firefox 32-bit worked like a charm with the script from
the forum and i have not had any trouble with it so far on any of
the pages i have tried it on. So i would try that first.

Good luck

/ Jonas