OT - IDC Explains Linux Went Right

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:47:00 UTC 2008

>  At which point will they be involved?
>
>  And yes, I have heard manager-level and above say things like "what an
>  unprofessional name". Not specifically about the Ubuntu releases, but
>  I have heard it, and from more than one person.

What does it mean to have a professional name? Why do we need one? Is
this not just pretension?
Professional names? Lets see, we have Google, Amazon, Ebay, Apple,
Ipod, then there is the old school, International Business Machines.
Seems to me in the computer world silly names are a real go.

--
Douglas E Knapp