Usage - Coders vs Writer

Michael Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Fri Apr 18 15:36:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Chris Miller
<lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com> wrote:
>  "There ain't no right or wrong!"  Thank heavens for Linux and
>  Open-Source Software in general for liberating us from the (nasty!)
>  Windows CMD shell tyranny, and giving us the choice to decide for
>  ourselves what the computer should be.

Hey, I *like* the Windows CMD shell. :-) Yes, it's very simple, when
stacked up against other scripting languages. But you can get Perl and
Python for Windows (I have both, altho - I don't know perl - I just
use it to run pre-written scripts, as - I'm guessing - a large number
of Linux users do; not everybody can be a coder ...). And the new
Windows PowerShell is supposed to be much more powerful.

There's lots of Open Source software available for all the platforms
now - Linux, Win, Mac. Choices are good things.

--
Michael J. Leone
<mailto:turgon at mike-leone.com>