Usage - Coders vs Writer

p.daniels teeahr1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:28:00 UTC 2008

cherryfinals wrote:
>> You could have changed the permissions in "properties." Just a
>> thought
>> for next time.
>>

> That's just it. I could not change permission in 'properties'. I had no
> choice but to drop to super-user mode. I change properties all the time
> in Konquerer when setting up webpages.
>
> Stan

Ah. Two ways around that (but you're right in that neither of them are
really what you'd call "obvious").

1. Open Konqueror as root and do it like that. When I still used Konq, I
had a menu shortcut to "kdesu konqueror".

2. Install the "root actions" service menu, which you can find here:
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Root+Actions+Servicemenu?content=48411
and which I think should really be included by default for just such
occurrences.

2.5. Does Dolphin have something for this?

-pd-