VENT - Ticked with Kubuntu

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Fri Apr 18 15:58:36 UTC 2008

Brendan wrote:
> On Thursday 17 April 2008, Billie Walsh wrote:
>
>> Richard S. Crawford wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net
>>> <mailto:bilwalsh at swbell.net>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Tried to move my mom's computer over to Kubuntu. Installed just
>>>     fine but
>>>     the updates keep crashing Adept. After a day and a half I've given up
>>>     and installing XP.
>>>

>>> No! Don't give up!
>>>
>> Done deal. Already got XP on it. I was installing 7.10 because KDE4
>>

> See ya! Don't let the door hit you on the butt.
>
> If you're going to give up and not try any other methods, then you were going
> to install XP the whole time anyway, so who cares?

I have 7.10 running on my laptop and desktop just fine. They were
installed before all this KDE4 stupidity started. IMHO, KDE just goes to
show that Microsoft isn't the only one that can wolf one. Eventually I'm
sure they will get it right. But to make a "beta" a "release" is just
plane stupid. It was announced months ago that KDE4 wouldn't be ready
for the 8.04 release. BUT, they had to go and "release" it last month
just to get it out in time.

OH, and by the way. You can just kiss my................................