how to force FF to use realplayer?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at
Fri Apr 18 14:22:21 BST 2008

nepal said the following at 04/16/2008 09:39 AM :

> I had this problem and the only way I could get back to
> using RealPlayer was to uninstall everything I could that
> was mplayer and reinstall realplayer, but not on a 64bit
> platform.

It's really weird that FF seems to completely ignore the fact that
x/pn-realaudio is supposed to be started with rp instead of mplayer.

Something must be telling it to use mplayer, and presumably if I could find
where that setting is, I could change it.

I experimented quite a bit yesterday, and listening to BBC audio is
definitely unstable when using mplayer on 64-bit FF. The audio plays fine,
but after a while FF simply freezes (but the audio keeps playing, which is
I guess at least something).