Usage - Coders vs Writer

cherryfinals cherryfinals at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 13:58:10 UTC 2008

> There is no right or wrong way, we all do it the way that suit us
best. But if you know your way around all the Unix tools no GUI can
beet that in speed and flexibility.

Jonas,

I agree about being faster, but the key phrase there is "know your way
around all the Unix tools..." That is fine for those that use and want
to learn all those tools. It is not fine for general users and office
workers. I know 'some' of them, but I have a lot of work to get done
and the last thing I need to do right now is learn all the Unix
commands.

The majority of people just want to click on a menu, select an item and
get their job done. Any GUI is much easier to use than memorizing
command structures.

Try telling some commercial artist, using Photoshop that they will have
to open a terminal window to convert a file and see what sort of
response you get.

Stan