VENT - Ticked with Kubuntu

Michael Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Fri Apr 18 13:43:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Phil Pinkerton <pcpinkerton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes and as XP phases out into the Blue Screen of Death and your forced into
> Vista at what cost ?

You're not "forced" into Vista on existing hardware, any more than you
are forced into hardy, if you're currently running gibbon. Nor are you
"forced" into Vista, if you own your own (retail) copy of XP. You just
delete what the manufacturer put on there, and install what you want.
Exactly as many Linux users do. Granted, most people don't own retail
copies of XP, but just because they don't, doesn't mean they can't.

I can't remember the last time I saw a blue screen on XP, and we run
all Windows at work (2000 and XP on workstations), and we have over
1,000 users. XP is pretty stable; that's why there's a petition to
have MS keep selling it beyond the planned retirement in June.

--
Michael J. Leone
<mailto:turgon at mike-leone.com>