VENT - Ticked with Kubuntu

Michael Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Fri Apr 18 13:38:12 UTC 2008

> On Thursday 17 April 2008, Billie Walsh wrote:
>  > Richard S. Crawford wrote:
>  > > On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net
>  > > <mailto:bilwalsh at swbell.net>> wrote:
>  > >
>  > >     Tried to move my mom's computer over to Kubuntu. Installed just
>  > >     fine but
>  > >     the updates keep crashing Adept. After a day and a half I've given up
>  > >     and installing XP.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > No! Don't give up!
>  >
>  > Done deal. Already got XP on it. I was installing 7.10 because KDE4
>
>  See ya! Don't let the door hit you on the butt.

Oh, be nice. Billie has been on this list a while, and posted helpful
information.

>  If you're going to give up and not try any other methods, then you were going
>  to install XP the whole time anyway, so who cares?

It wasn't her computer to keep "trying other methods"; it was her
mother's. How much longer was she supposed to make her mother wait for
her computer back? Billie was trying to convert her mother to Linux.
If I was a non-computer person, and had to wait 2 days for you to
install this "so much better OS", instead of the couple hours or so to
install XP, then I would have been annoyed, too.

After a certain point, you give up, and go back to what you know is
working on that hardware - in this case, XP. Perhaps she could try
again later.

--
Michael J. Leone
<mailto:turgon at mike-leone.com>