OT - IDC Explains Linux Went Right

Michael Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Fri Apr 18 12:57:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:05 AM, p.daniels <teeahr1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 18 April 2008 02:30:24 Johnny Ernst Nielsen wrote:
>  *snip*
>
> > Personally I am not surprised that analysts trying out *ubuntu takes
>  > note of "silly code names" - they are all over the place!
>  > It should come as no surprise that people use a product codename when
>  > they see it fairly often.
>  >
>  > Best regards :o)
>  >
>  > Johnny :o)
>
>  I am still waiting for someone to explain to me why Gutsy Gibbon is any more
>  silly than iNoun.

A Google search shows no products for anything called iNoun, at least
in the 3 returned pages of links I looked at. So it can't be that well
known of a product. What is it, and who makes it?

And you can always find an exception to a rule, which doesn't
invalidate the rule - even if the "rule" is a "rule of thumb".