Text copy impossible in kpdf

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 09:54:14 UTC 2008

Hello Charles
> I have just met a small problem: when I drag the mouse to select some text in kpdf, the option "copy as text to the clipboard" in the contextual menu is not enabled, so that the operation is impossible.

Often I work with this functionality in KPDF. In my case it works
perfectly well. I act as follows:

STEP 1
I press at the button 'Select Tool'.

STEP 2
Than I select the text passage or the image I want to copy.

STEP 3
Than I choose an option to copy a text or image 'to the clipboard'.

STEP 4
I go to the document where I want to paste the document: an open office
document or a Thunderbird e-mail.

STEP 5
I DON'T DO ANYTHING WITH KLIPPER DIRECTLY! Instead I simply carry out
this command:
CONTROL-V
The command 'CONTROL-V' simply pastes the text passage or image from the
clipboard to the target document.

I hope this helps.

Respectfully Yours,

Bas.

--
Viaconsensus
E.:  BasRoufs at gmail.com
M.: +31.6.446.835.10.
T.: +31.30.785.20.40.

Rainbow News, views and visions: CircleLetterRainbow.net

European Rainbow Gathering in Serbia: Eurogathering.Rainbowinfo.net

Open source operating system: Linux - Kubuntu 7.10, Kubuntu.org