VENT - Ticked with Kubuntu

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 00:30:04 UTC 2008

On Thursday 17 April 2008 07:26:53 pm Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> On Thursday 17 April 2008 06:54:19 pm Billie Walsh wrote:
> > Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> > > On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net
> > > <mailto:bilwalsh at swbell.net>> wrote:
> > >
> > >     Tried to move my mom's computer over to Kubuntu. Installed just
> > >     fine but
> > >     the updates keep crashing Adept. After a day and a half I've given
> > > up and installing XP.
> > >

> > > No! Don't give up!
> >
> > Done deal. Already got XP on it. I was installing 7.10 because KDE4
> > stuff is still not ready, IMHO. BUT, it seems that all the KDE3 stuff
> > has already been removed from the repos. The only thing available is
> > KDE4 and it crashes adept on install. No prompts for user input involved.
> >
> > SO, until at least Kubuntu 8.10 or
> > so..........................................
> >
> > --
> > Life is what happens while your busy making other plans.
>
> If you can't find the KDE 3 stuff its because you're looking in the wrong
> place.  I can see all the KDE 3 stuff in my synaptic views.
>
> I always install synaptic (yea, its a gnome based app) because it handles
> things better.

ARRGH, hit send before I was ready.

Anyway, go to the Kubuntu website and make sure you don't have any of the KDE
4 repos listed in your sources.list file.  When you are in Adept or Synaptic,
don't look at the number at the end of the name, for example kdebase4 may
actually be kdebase for KDE 3.5.9, you have to look at the version number.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.